TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Participation in the Event is voluntary and at the own risk of the participants. Each participant agrees to absolve the Organizer, Event Producer and any sponsor and/or supporting organizations from any and all liabilities arising from bodily injuries, accidents, death or other losses during or caused by traveling to and from the event venue as well as in the event.
- Each participant shall be physically healthy and fit and have the ability to participate in the Event. The Organizer reserves the right to refuse or disqualify any person who is known or suspected by the Organizer to be physically unfit to participate in the Event and such person shall accept such decision of the Organizer accordingly.
- Upon submitting an entry, a participant is deemed to have accepted all Terms and Conditions of the Event, the Official Rules as stipulated and also to those that may be later introduced by the Organizer.
- All information provided by a participant in the registration form must be true and accurate.
- All entries must be submitted no later than 6pm of 21 July 2016. Entry is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Organizer reserves the right to close the registration at any time, whether before or after the registration closing date, without prior notification.
- Organizer reserves the right to divide the participants of 3km or 5km races according to the best personal results they declared into various groups. The groups will start at different times to avoid unnecessary congestions.
- No pets or any form of wheel-run objects of transport, such as bicycles, skates, push carts, shoes with built-in rollers are allowed, except for guide dogs, wheelchairs used by wheelchair participants, and those authorized by the Organizers.
- All participants should register according to the age requirement of each category respectively. Offenders will be disqualified and requested to leave the race course.
- Participants shall indemnify and/or reimburse the Organizer in respect of any additional expenses or costs incurred by the Organizer arising from or in connection with the fault or action or behavior of such Participants during participation in the Event.
- Participants must retire and leave the race course immediately if requested by any race official, medical staff, race director, referee or security staff.
- Organizer and their agents shall have the absolute discretion to use any photograph, video or any other record of the Event for any lawful purposes including advertising and promotion of the event.
- Race Winners (if applicable)will be required to present their identification including Hong Kong identity card, passport or Registration Card for People with Disabilities for verification.
USE OF PERSONAL DATA
RunOurCity as Organizer; and its authorized service providers will use the information that you supplied for the following purposes:
- Processing administrative work related to registration, including endorsement, receipt issuance, payment notice issuance, donation record and relevant event notices, etc.;
- Identifying the user;
- Recording any communication with participants;
- Announcing the result;
- Preventing and detecting any activities that make use of this website for fraudulent or exploitative behaviors, or activities that allow third parties to provide technical support and backup work in the name of this website;
- In an anonymous basis, conducting statistical research on this to understand visitors’ viewing and usage habits to improve our service.
- Providing the latest updates of RunOurCity’s events;
We will never lease, exchange or sell the personally identifiable information that you have voluntarily supplied to us, including email address and telephone number.
EVENT CANCELLATION & REFUND POLICY
- The Organizer reserves the right to cancel or stop the Event if blockage along the route happens because of protest, adverse conditions such as rainstorms, landslides, rock falls or hill fires. No refund of the registration fee and any charitable donation will be arranged.
- No refund is allowed after registration is completed(if applicable). Registration fee paid for duplicated entries will not be refunded and places are not transferable. If a participant allows another party to run on his or her behalf, both participant and the runner who run on behalf of the participant will be disqualified and might not allowed to participate in future events.
- The Organizer reserves the right to disqualify any person and / or cancel his or her result due to any violation of the Official Rules of the Event. No refund will be accommodated in the case of disqualifications(apply to races).